Congress president Sonia Gandhi is soft, I am not: Rahul
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Congress readying itself for an early Lok Sabha elections and electoral battles in key states, party vice-president Rahul Gandhi has sent out a strong message to his party colleagues that indiscipline and factionalism will be dealt with strongly.
Talking to separate groups of Congress workers at DPCC office in Central Delhi, yesterday, Rahul underlined the need for better coordination between the party and the government while asking MLAs, MPs and senior leaders to start preparations for the polls slated for November.
"The Congress President (Sonia Gandhi) is soft. But I am not soft. I will not tolerate indiscipline. We must work unitedly," Rahul was quoted as saying by two MLAs.
Rahul has been trying hard to reinvigorate the party ahead of the crucial electoral battles starting with assembly polls in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
Among the areas that Rahul has identified for improvement is better coordination between the party and the government.
The Congress scion’s remarks are being seen as a damage control measure in view of the - reported - bitter feud between Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and state Congress chief J P Agarwal.
“He woke up all of us. We will fight elections together,” Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters after the meeting.
Aggarwal also insisted the differences had been resolved.
"The vision with which Rahul Gandhi is interacting with us clearly shows that his intention is to strengthen the Congress party in a way, that party can work for the people in the coming 40 years," said Chandini Chowk MP Kapil Sibal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31