Congress president Sonia Gandhi is soft, I am not: Rahul
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Congress readying itself for an early Lok Sabha elections and electoral battles in key states, party vice-president Rahul Gandhi has sent out a strong message to his party colleagues that indiscipline and factionalism will be dealt with strongly.
Talking to separate groups of Congress workers at DPCC office in Central Delhi, yesterday, Rahul underlined the need for better coordination between the party and the government while asking MLAs, MPs and senior leaders to start preparations for the polls slated for November.
"The Congress President (Sonia Gandhi) is soft. But I am not soft. I will not tolerate indiscipline. We must work unitedly," Rahul was quoted as saying by two MLAs.
Rahul has been trying hard to reinvigorate the party ahead of the crucial electoral battles starting with assembly polls in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
Among the areas that Rahul has identified for improvement is better coordination between the party and the government.
The Congress scion’s remarks are being seen as a damage control measure in view of the - reported - bitter feud between Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and state Congress chief J P Agarwal.
“He woke up all of us. We will fight elections together,” Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters after the meeting.
Aggarwal also insisted the differences had been resolved.
"The vision with which Rahul Gandhi is interacting with us clearly shows that his intention is to strengthen the Congress party in a way, that party can work for the people in the coming 40 years," said Chandini Chowk MP Kapil Sibal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj