Congress too has CMs who won polls three times in a row: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday made light of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s hat-trick in the Assembly polls, saying that leaders like Sheila Dikshit and Tarun Gogoi from his party too have won elections three times in a row.
Digvijay who came here for a short while from New Delhi on his way to hometown Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, said that there were Chief Ministers in Congress also, who have achieved this feat.
"For example, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have also won three assembly elections in a row," Digvijay said.
Because of this, if at all Modi wants to engage someone in a debate, he should do so with either Dikshit or Gogoi, he said.
Asked if Congress was in awe of Modi, the senior party leader said, "my party does not ever think of Modi and neither it was worried or scared about him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August