Congress too has CMs who won polls three times in a row: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday made light of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s hat-trick in the Assembly polls, saying that leaders like Sheila Dikshit and Tarun Gogoi from his party too have won elections three times in a row.
Digvijay who came here for a short while from New Delhi on his way to hometown Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, said that there were Chief Ministers in Congress also, who have achieved this feat.
"For example, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have also won three assembly elections in a row," Digvijay said.
Because of this, if at all Modi wants to engage someone in a debate, he should do so with either Dikshit or Gogoi, he said.
Asked if Congress was in awe of Modi, the senior party leader said, "my party does not ever think of Modi and neither it was worried or scared about him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!