Congress too has CMs who won polls three times in a row: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday made light of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s hat-trick in the Assembly polls, saying that leaders like Sheila Dikshit and Tarun Gogoi from his party too have won elections three times in a row.
Digvijay who came here for a short while from New Delhi on his way to hometown Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, said that there were Chief Ministers in Congress also, who have achieved this feat.
"For example, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have also won three assembly elections in a row," Digvijay said.
Because of this, if at all Modi wants to engage someone in a debate, he should do so with either Dikshit or Gogoi, he said.
Asked if Congress was in awe of Modi, the senior party leader said, "my party does not ever think of Modi and neither it was worried or scared about him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!