Controversy erupts over Robert Vadra’s `mango men in banana republic` comment
New Delhi: Robert Vadra on Monday shut down his account on community networking site Facebook days after a controversy broke out over his business deals with realty major DLF as civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal raised questions over the rise in his fortune.
Sources close to Vadra, son-in-law of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, said the former closed down his account today but refused to specify the reasons behind it.
Reports had it that Vadra was unahappy with some body making a controversy out of a light comment made by him in a post on the Facebook yesterday.
Vadra had reportedly wrote on his Facebook page "mango people in a banana republic" but later deleted the remark.
Kejriwal slammed Vadra for his "Mango people" remark.
Vadra has reportedly communicated to some of his friends that he will open a new account on the Facebook soon in which he will include only his closed-ones in the friend list.
In his account on the community microblogging site Twitter, Kejriwal said "evidence pouring in from mango men from across the country. Mango men wud (sic) prove to be nemesis for the powerful."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'