Court grants bail to four in Arun Jaitley phone tapping case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday granted bail to four accused arrested in connection with BJP leader Arun Jaitley phone-tapping case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal granted bail to Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, 35, and three private detectives, Anurag Singh, 37, Neeraj Nayar, 36, and Nitish Singh, 30, on a personal bond of Rs one lakh each and two sureties each of the like amount.
The court enlarged the four accused on bail on the ground that the charge sheet has already been filed and they are no more required for further investigation.
"In view of the above said facts and circumstances of the case, period of custody of about 100 days and at this stage, after filing of the charge sheet the accused persons are not required for further investigation, no useful purpose will be served by keeping the accused persons further in custody," the court said.
In the charge sheet, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had said that alleged mastermind Anurag was obtaining call detail records (CDRs) of Jaitley and others expecting that it could be "exploited" in rescuing himself from criminal proceedings going on against him in 2005 Amar Singh phone tapping case.
It had said Anurag, along with others, was arrested on December 30, 2005 in the Amar Singh case.
The special cell had in December 2005 registered a case after allegations that Amar Singh`s phone was tapped by some "unscrupulous elements" and during the investigation, Anurag was arrested along with others for allegedly forging letters of the then Joint Commissioner of Police and the Home Secretary of Delhi government to tap the phone of Amar Singh.
In its charge sheet, the police had said "Anurag, along with Nitish, was involved in the racket of obtaining CDRs through Neeraj and Arvind."
The police had said CDRs of five numbers, including three belonging to Jaitley, were sought by them by using "unauthorised e-mail id of ACP, operations, New Delhi district, on January 8, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon