Court order on Feb 18 on Headley chargesheet

A Delhi court on Saturday reserved its order for February 18 for taking cognisance of the NIA`s chargesheet filed against Pakistani-American David Headley Coleman and eight others.

Last Updated: Feb 04, 2012, 18:03 PM IST

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday reserved its
order for February 18 for taking cognisance of the NIA`s
chargesheet filed against Pakistani-American David Headley
Coleman and eight others for allegedly carrying out several
terror attacks in India.

Special NIA Judge H S Sharma, in an in-camera hearing,
reserved its order for February 18 on taking cognizance of the
chargesheet after hearing arguments from the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) prosecutor.

The NIA had accused 51-year old Headley, his Pakistani-
Canadian accomplice Tahawwur Rana, Lashkar-e-Toiba founder
Hafiz Saeed and six others for planning and executing terror
strikes in India, including the 26/11 Mumbai attack.

Earlier, the NIA had told the court that Headley`s wife
had congratulated him for the success of the November 26
terror attack in Mumbai.

The agency said his wife had e-mailed Headley saying "he
has graduated and she was proud of him" and that she had
watched the show (attack) for the whole day.

The NIA prosecutor had said Headley visited and receed
several places in India before the 26/11 Mumbai attack and he
had also gone to Pakistan several times where he also met
Pakistan Army official Major Iqbal, co-accused in the case.

The NIA had on December 24 last year filed the voluminous
chargesheet against Headley, Rana, Saeed and others. Both
Headley and Rana are at present in the custody of the US
authorities and the NIA has only got a limited access to
Headley who had entered into plea bargain with US authorities
to escape harsh sentence.

PTI