CPI-M breakaway groups come on common platform
New Delhi: Half a dozen breakaway groups of CPI-M have joined hands to launch political movements on people`s issues and work against both Congress and BJP, and appealed to all Left parties and organisations to join them.
"What we need today is not just a change of government. A mere change in the face of those who rule and deceive us will not do. If the corrupt and anti-people Congress regime is replaced by the BJP at the Centre, it will only mean adding more communal venom to the already vitiated political environment," the six groups said in a joint statement on Tuesday.
Terming parties like SP, BSP and some other regional parties as "opportunist forces", they said there was "need for revival and renewal of a progressive transformative agenda" through waging of struggles and movements on people`s issues.
At a meeting here on Sunday, they also extended support to the nationwide strike called by all central trade unions on February 20-21.
Regarding their political objective, they said they would initiate discussion among various political parties and organisations who were "fighting on the ground to break the status quo and usher in progressive and democratic changes".
They outlined a five-point charter which focused on restructuring the political system, replacing the `neo- liberal` economic regime, ending social oppression based on gender, caste, religion, language and ethnicity and safeguarding the secular character of the Indian state.
The signatories to the statement were Mangatram Pasla (CPM Punjab), Prasenjit Bose (Left Collective), K S Hariharan (Left Coordination Committee Kerala), K Gangadharan (Marxist Party Tamil Nadu), Rajendra Paranjape (Marxvadi Vichar Manch Maharashtra) and V Lenin Kumar (SFI-JNU).
They appealed to progressive, democratic, and Left political parties, social and mass organisations, unions, groups and individuals across the country "who broadly agree with the political objectives and were willing to struggle unitedly for their realisation to come together as partners in building a common platform".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'