Cyber Command set to be reality for Armed forces
Ezhimala: The Armed forces are in the process of finalising a proposal to set up a Cyber Command and it would soon become a reality, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Saturday.
"The Armed forces are making arrangements and they are in the process of finalising a proposal for a Cyber Command. It will become a reality," he told reporters.
To a query on cyber warefare, Antony said, "In the area of cyber...I agree with you, we are a late starter. But now foundation is laid up. In the government there are joint mechanisms to handle the emerging cyber security scenario."
The Indian Armed forces and Coast Guard are in a rapid growth phase. The Defence Ministry had spent more than Rs 3,000 crore of the allotted budget last year though only a particular amount was allocated in the general budget, he said.
"We are not surrendering a single paise now. Gone are the days of surrendering money. We are spending everything. So some projects may be delayed, but by the time some others will come forward," he said, adding that on the whole, things were moving fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report