Dawood Ibrahim protected by ISI, Lakhvi calls shots in LeT: Abdul Karim Tunda
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Abdul Karim Tunda, Dawood Ibrahim`s close aide who was arrested by Delhi Police, has revealed certain facts to his interrogators which point towards the complicity of Pakistan`s ISI and one of India`s most wanted man in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, as per reports on Sunday.
Tunda, an LeT explosive expert and terrorist allegedly involved in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, has revealed that Dawood was being protected by the ISI and that the Pakistani Army has deep rooted links with the mafia don, as per Delhi Police sources.
A top Delhi police official said that during his interrogation, Tunda has claimed that he met Dawood several times.
"He(Tunda) claims that Dawood first called him to meet in 2010. He says that the underworld don stays in a safe house in Karachi and is guarded by ISI. His movements is restricted and monitored by the intelligence agency," the official said.
During his stay in Pakistan, 70-year-old Tunda, told the police he had been in touch with organisations like ISI, LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Indian Mujahiddin and Babbar Khalsa and had been meeting people like Hafiz Saeed, Maulana Masood Azhar, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Dawood Ibrahim and several others wanted by India.
Tunda is proving to be a minefield of information for the security agencies. Throwing light on the Mumbai attacks mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Tunda has apparently said that the man called the shots as far as terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba`s (LeT) was concerned. He has also talked about his differences with Lakhvi.
Among India`s 20 top most wanted terrorists, Tunda has also claimed that he had not been included in LeT`s `bleed India` policy strategy, despite being one of the founders of LeT`s pan-India operations, which had virtually left him and his family on the streets. The reason for him being overlooked was because he was considered a spent force once he arrived in Pakistan from Bangladesh in early 2000.
In order to earn a livelihood, Tunda, who had helped in indoctrinating many youths from India for terror activities, was given a two storied house bang opposite to Markaz ul Jamaat-ul-Dawah in Muridkee of Sheikhpura district of Punjab where he used to sell perfumes.
It is said that Tunda`s leanings towards fundamentalism began after he witnessed the 1985 riots in Mominpura area of Nagpur in Maharashtra. Subsequently, he started preaching the youth to take up cudgels against the government. He was born in a middle class family in Delhi.
Tunda`s initial association was with the Tanzim Islahul Muslimeen (TIM), or Organisation for the Improvement of Muslims. He started following the belief of the Jamaat Ahl-e-Hadis`, an ideology being followed by LeT, as per reports.
Tunda was arrested on Friday after evading the security agencies for nineteen years. In a bid to escape the law, he travelled various countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why