Death of Pakistani prisoner: Chargesheet filed against inmate
Jammu: Almost two months since Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay died after being attacked in a prison here, police have filed a chargesheet against an inmate in a local court.
Sanaullah was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu on May 3. He passed away on May 9 in PGIMER.
The chargesheet against Vinod Kumar of Uttarakhand was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu yesterday.
The court has fixed July 15 as the next date of hearing.
"Challan (chargesheet) U/S 302 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC) in Gharota police station with regard to murder of Sonaullah of Daluwali Sialkot Pakistan, committed in Central Jail Kot Bhalwal Jammu, was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu," a police spokesman said here today.
The attack on Sanaullah came a day after Indian convict Sarabjit Singh died after a brutal attack by fellow inmates in a Lahore prison.
According to a preliminary probe, 52-year-old Sanuallah, a resident of Sialkot, was working in a garden when he entered into an argument with Vinod, a former Army personnel serving a life term in another case. Vinod allegedly hit him with a brick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune