Death of Pakistani prisoner: Chargesheet filed against inmate
Jammu: Almost two months since Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay died after being attacked in a prison here, police have filed a chargesheet against an inmate in a local court.
Sanaullah was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu on May 3. He passed away on May 9 in PGIMER.
The chargesheet against Vinod Kumar of Uttarakhand was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu yesterday.
The court has fixed July 15 as the next date of hearing.
"Challan (chargesheet) U/S 302 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC) in Gharota police station with regard to murder of Sonaullah of Daluwali Sialkot Pakistan, committed in Central Jail Kot Bhalwal Jammu, was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu," a police spokesman said here today.
The attack on Sanaullah came a day after Indian convict Sarabjit Singh died after a brutal attack by fellow inmates in a Lahore prison.
According to a preliminary probe, 52-year-old Sanuallah, a resident of Sialkot, was working in a garden when he entered into an argument with Vinod, a former Army personnel serving a life term in another case. Vinod allegedly hit him with a brick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed