Death of Pakistani prisoner: Chargesheet filed against inmate
Jammu: Almost two months since Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay died after being attacked in a prison here, police have filed a chargesheet against an inmate in a local court.
Sanaullah was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu on May 3. He passed away on May 9 in PGIMER.
The chargesheet against Vinod Kumar of Uttarakhand was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu yesterday.
The court has fixed July 15 as the next date of hearing.
"Challan (chargesheet) U/S 302 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC) in Gharota police station with regard to murder of Sonaullah of Daluwali Sialkot Pakistan, committed in Central Jail Kot Bhalwal Jammu, was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu," a police spokesman said here today.
The attack on Sanaullah came a day after Indian convict Sarabjit Singh died after a brutal attack by fellow inmates in a Lahore prison.
According to a preliminary probe, 52-year-old Sanuallah, a resident of Sialkot, was working in a garden when he entered into an argument with Vinod, a former Army personnel serving a life term in another case. Vinod allegedly hit him with a brick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir