Death of Pakistani prisoner: Chargesheet filed against inmate
Jammu: Almost two months since Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay died after being attacked in a prison here, police have filed a chargesheet against an inmate in a local court.
Sanaullah was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu on May 3. He passed away on May 9 in PGIMER.
The chargesheet against Vinod Kumar of Uttarakhand was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu yesterday.
The court has fixed July 15 as the next date of hearing.
"Challan (chargesheet) U/S 302 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC) in Gharota police station with regard to murder of Sonaullah of Daluwali Sialkot Pakistan, committed in Central Jail Kot Bhalwal Jammu, was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Jammu," a police spokesman said here today.
The attack on Sanaullah came a day after Indian convict Sarabjit Singh died after a brutal attack by fellow inmates in a Lahore prison.
According to a preliminary probe, 52-year-old Sanuallah, a resident of Sialkot, was working in a garden when he entered into an argument with Vinod, a former Army personnel serving a life term in another case. Vinod allegedly hit him with a brick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’