Decline in percentage of minorities getting central govt jobs
New Delhi: The percentage of minorities recruited in central government jobs and public sector banks has been declining.
Minority Affairs minister K Rahman Khan said in Rajya Sabha today that minorities accounted for 6.24 percent of total recruitment in these services in 2011-12.
Their percentage in recruitment to these services in previous two years, 2010-11 and 2009-10, was 10.18 and 7.28 percent respectively.
Railways fared the best in 2012-13 as 12.53 percent of all its recruits belonged to minorities while ministries and offices attached to it and paramilitary forces recruited only 4.10 and 5.6 percent of minorities respectively.
Public sector banks and financial institutions recruited 7.5 percent of minorities while PSUs hired 6.91 percent of them out of their total vacancies.
Khan said the Prime Minister`s 15 Point Programme for Welfare of Minorities would benefit minorities by enhancing opportunities in education and offering equitable share in economic activities and employment among other things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country