Delhi gang-rape: Magisterial inquiry may scan jail CCTV footage
New Delhi: Footage of a Tihar Jail CCTV camera will be available for scrutiny during a magisterial inquiry ordered into the alleged suicide Monday by the main accused of the Dec 16, 2012 gang-rape case, a prison official said.
Ram Singh allegedly killed himself in his cell in ward number 5 of Tihar Jail number 3.
"The ward number 5 has a single CCTV camera. The scrutiny of the footage captured by the camera may help in the magisterial inquiry," said a Tihar official.
The official, on condition of anonymity, told IANS that there were a total of 258 CCTV cameras in Tihar. "Only one camera was installed in ward number 5 where Ram Singh was found hanging 5.45 a.m. Monday," said the official.
"As the camera was not installed inside the cell of Ram Singh, it would not have captured the events in his cell early Monday or Sunday night. But, it might provide some link to the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family