Delhi gang-rape: Magisterial inquiry may scan jail CCTV footage
New Delhi: Footage of a Tihar Jail CCTV camera will be available for scrutiny during a magisterial inquiry ordered into the alleged suicide Monday by the main accused of the Dec 16, 2012 gang-rape case, a prison official said.
Ram Singh allegedly killed himself in his cell in ward number 5 of Tihar Jail number 3.
"The ward number 5 has a single CCTV camera. The scrutiny of the footage captured by the camera may help in the magisterial inquiry," said a Tihar official.
The official, on condition of anonymity, told IANS that there were a total of 258 CCTV cameras in Tihar. "Only one camera was installed in ward number 5 where Ram Singh was found hanging 5.45 a.m. Monday," said the official.
"As the camera was not installed inside the cell of Ram Singh, it would not have captured the events in his cell early Monday or Sunday night. But, it might provide some link to the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win