Delhi gang-rape very upsetting incident: PM
New Delhi: Sharing the widespread outrage over Delhi gang-rape, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described it as "very upsetting" incident and directed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to ensure such cases do not recur.
"It`s a heinous crime. It is very upsetting," he said about Sunday night`s incident while receiving a delegation of women MPs on the issue.
Agonised at the incident, Singh told the delegation that he had directed the Home Minister to take all measures to ensure that culprits are brought to justice and such cases do not recur, sources said.
The remarks came as Parliament continued to witness anger with members seeking adequate protection for women in the backdrop of the barbaric incident of rape of a 23-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him