Delhi rape: Events as they unfolded on Sunday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As the national capital continued to witness protests against rising rape cases, reports on Sunday claimed that the five-year-old girl ‘Gudiya’ was gang-raped by two people.
It is being said that the accused – Manoj Kumar, who was arrested yesterday from Bihar, told police that his accomplice Pradip Kumar was also involved in the horrendous incident.
A senior police official said they will investigate whether any other person is involved in the incident either in raping the girl or helping the accused Manoj Kumar, who was arrested from Bihar, flee from the capital after the incident on April 15.
Here are the live updates in the case:
4:00 pm: Sandeep Dikshit demands removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar
1:45 pm: Delhi Police appeals to people to protest peacefully and not to damage government property
1:00 pm: Delhi Police detain BJP women protesters outside Sonia Gandhi’s residence
12:50 pm: Dozens of BJP women activists broke barricades outside Sonia Gandhi`s house
12:30 pm: Rape accused Manoj Kumar retracts from his earlier statement, says he didn’t rape the girl
12:15: Heavy security deployed outside Sonia Gandhi, Sheila Dikshit and Sushilkumar Shinde residences
12:00 pm: Protesters gather outside Sonia Gandhi’s residence, Police Headquarters and AIIMS
11:15 am: The five-year-old rape victim is conscious and talking to parents, doctors and nurses. There is no danger to rape victim’s life, says an AIIMS doctor
10:12 am The safety, security and status of women in our society is a matter of concern, says PM
10:10 am: PM Manmohan Singh says that the safety of women is a matter of concern
9:40 am Protests continue outside Police Headquarters
8:15 am: Reports say that five-year-old girl ‘Gudiya’ was gang-raped by two people
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked