Delhi rape: Gudiya’s health improves, second accused arrested
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The health condition of the five-year-old girl who was brutally raped is improving and will undergo reconstructive surgery after few months if required, an AIIMS doctor said on Monday.
“The minor will have to spend around two weeks more in the hospital,” DK Sharma, medical superintendent of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told mediapersons.
“Her condition is stable and is recovering well. The five-year-old girl is on semi solid diet,” said the AIIMS doctor.
"Her perineal wounds were re-dressed yesterday and the wounds have started to heal. However, it may take a few more days to heal completely," he said.
On whether the girl may need to undergo any reconstructive surgery as she suffered severe injuries to her private parts, Sharma said: "Reconstructive surgery may be done after couple of months if there is a need.”
“Her vital parameters are normal and she is talking to her parents said the medical superintendent of AIIMS adding that she is responding well to antibiotics and her fever has also gone down.”
“She is too young to understand the gravity of her condition,” the doctor said when asked about if any counselling needs to be given to the rape victim.
The girl had been abducted, sexually assaulted and tortured in captivity by her 22-year-old neighbour in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar area.
Second accused arrested
In a significant development, the second accused in the five-year-old girl`s rape case in Delhi has been arrested from Bihar, police said on Monday.
Pradeep is a native of Darbhanga district. He was arrested from Badhaiya area of the state`s Lakhi Sarai district, confirmed Bihar DGP Abhyanand Monday morning.
Pradeep Kumar was produced before Lakhisarai Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Dev Upadhay who sent him to 15-days transit remand.
Earlier, a joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 22, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference