Delhi rape: Only amending laws won’t help, says Sharad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to the horrific rape incident in the national capital, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav said that people’s mindset needs to be changed to check crime against women.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media Sharad Yadav said that only amending laws wouldn’t help, but mindset needs to be changed to stop rape cases.
The girl was abducted and kept hostage for two days without food and water in a room in which the attacker lived, on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, in which the victim`s family also stayed, police said.
The girl was rescued when members of her family heard her scream on Wednesday evening.
Meanwhile, the accused, Manoj Kumar, was arrested from Muzaffarpur in Bihar this morning. He was arrested by a team from Delhi with the help of local police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says