Delhi rape: Only amending laws won’t help, says Sharad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to the horrific rape incident in the national capital, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav said that people’s mindset needs to be changed to check crime against women.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media Sharad Yadav said that only amending laws wouldn’t help, but mindset needs to be changed to stop rape cases.
The girl was abducted and kept hostage for two days without food and water in a room in which the attacker lived, on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, in which the victim`s family also stayed, police said.
The girl was rescued when members of her family heard her scream on Wednesday evening.
Meanwhile, the accused, Manoj Kumar, was arrested from Muzaffarpur in Bihar this morning. He was arrested by a team from Delhi with the help of local police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way