Delhi rape: Second accused arrested from Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a significant development, the second accused in the five-year-old girl`s rape case in Delhi has been arrested from Bihar, police said on Monday.
Pradeep is a native of Darbhanga district. He was arrested from Badhaiya area of the state`s Lakhi Sarai district, confirmed Bihar DGP Abhyanand Monday morning.
Pradeep Kumar was produced before Lakhisarai Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Dev Upadhay who sent him to 15-days transit remand.
Superintendent of Police of Lakhisarai district Rajeev Mishra, who interrogated him,said Kumar "admitted" to his crime during the interrogation.
In the national capital, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar told a news agency that Kumar "will be brought to the national capital today after getting a transit remand from Darbhanga court."
The arrest comes after investigators launched a massive hunt for a second person in the rape of the minor girl after first held accused, Manoj Kumar spoke about the role of another man in the horrendous incident.
Earlier, a joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 22, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.
The girl, a resident of east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, was abducted by Manoj, a labourer, who lived on the ground floor of the same house in the working class neighbourhood. He kept her hostage for two days without food and water and subjected her to brutal repeated rape.
She was rescued when her family members heard her screams Wednesday, police said. The accused had locked the door from outside and fled, thinking that she had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city