Digvijay links Narendra Modi to Bodh Gaya blasts
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh kicked up another controversy on Monday when he hinted at a possible connection between Narendra Modi and the serial blasts at Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
With the media – based on inputs from sources in intelligence agencies - pointing at possible Indian Mujahideen hand in the blasts at the Mahabodhi temple, Singh tweeted that it was too early to suspect Muslim involvement in the terror attack.
He also took a dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that the blasts took place a day after Modi addressed BJP workers and asked them to teach Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a lesson.
Digvijay wrote on Twitter: “Flip side of this. Amit Shah promises a Grand Temple at Ayodhya. Modi addresses Bihar BJP workers and asks them to teach Nitish a lesson.”
“Next day Bomb Blasts at Mahabodhi Temple at Bodhgaya. Is there a connect? I don`t know. ALLOW NIA TO COMPLETE INVESTIGATION PLEASE !(sic).”
Earlier, the Congress general secretary said the perpetrators of the Bodh Gaya temple terror attack, which left two monks injured, should be brought to book.
"Any effort to destabilise the country, to destabilise the state and to bring about communal disturbance should be fought at all levels. It is not even a month and the BJP feels that the law and order is so bad that they (Nitish Kumar government) can`t handle anything. I also saw Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP spokesperson) saying that probably the (2010) Pune bakery (blasts) culprits were also doing recce," Digvijay Singh said.
"For God`s sake, please let the investigation be completed and please do not communalise each act of terrorism... The BJP and the Sangh want to communalise politics in India again in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections," the Congress leader alleged.
"Therefore, all non-BJP ruled states should be careful and Nitish Kumar should be more careful," said the Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3