Digvijay links Narendra Modi to Bodh Gaya blasts
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh kicked up another controversy on Monday when he hinted at a possible connection between Narendra Modi and the serial blasts at Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
With the media – based on inputs from sources in intelligence agencies - pointing at possible Indian Mujahideen hand in the blasts at the Mahabodhi temple, Singh tweeted that it was too early to suspect Muslim involvement in the terror attack.
He also took a dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that the blasts took place a day after Modi addressed BJP workers and asked them to teach Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a lesson.
Digvijay wrote on Twitter: “Flip side of this. Amit Shah promises a Grand Temple at Ayodhya. Modi addresses Bihar BJP workers and asks them to teach Nitish a lesson.”
“Next day Bomb Blasts at Mahabodhi Temple at Bodhgaya. Is there a connect? I don`t know. ALLOW NIA TO COMPLETE INVESTIGATION PLEASE !(sic).”
Earlier, the Congress general secretary said the perpetrators of the Bodh Gaya temple terror attack, which left two monks injured, should be brought to book.
"Any effort to destabilise the country, to destabilise the state and to bring about communal disturbance should be fought at all levels. It is not even a month and the BJP feels that the law and order is so bad that they (Nitish Kumar government) can`t handle anything. I also saw Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP spokesperson) saying that probably the (2010) Pune bakery (blasts) culprits were also doing recce," Digvijay Singh said.
"For God`s sake, please let the investigation be completed and please do not communalise each act of terrorism... The BJP and the Sangh want to communalise politics in India again in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections," the Congress leader alleged.
"Therefore, all non-BJP ruled states should be careful and Nitish Kumar should be more careful," said the Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics