Digvijay Singh comes out in support of CBI vs IB officer
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh today came out in support of CBI in the agency`s move against a senior Intelligence Bureau officer allegedly involved in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case in Gujarat and claimed "there is clinching evidence against him".
"Is the IB officer against whom there is a clinching evidence in a case investigated by CBI above law?," Singh wrote in microblogging site Twitter.
Later, the Senior Congress said he favoured giving CBI the opportunity to submit its evidence against Special Director of Intelligence Bureau Rajinder Kumar in connection with the college student Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case.
Singh said there has been an allegation that the Gujarat Police had carried out the fake encounter and investigation into it has been going on.
"There has also been allegation that some IB officials have done something wrong along with the Gujarat Police. If CBI has the evidence, they should be given the opportunity to prove them," he said.
The Congress leader was responding to a question on CBI`s decision to summon the senior IB officer in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha has said the agency had enough evidence to back the summons issued to Kumar, a 1979-batch Manipur-Tripura cadre IPS officer, seeking to examine him again in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'