Digvijay Singh comes out in support of CBI vs IB officer
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh today came out in support of CBI in the agency`s move against a senior Intelligence Bureau officer allegedly involved in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case in Gujarat and claimed "there is clinching evidence against him".
"Is the IB officer against whom there is a clinching evidence in a case investigated by CBI above law?," Singh wrote in microblogging site Twitter.
Later, the Senior Congress said he favoured giving CBI the opportunity to submit its evidence against Special Director of Intelligence Bureau Rajinder Kumar in connection with the college student Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case.
Singh said there has been an allegation that the Gujarat Police had carried out the fake encounter and investigation into it has been going on.
"There has also been allegation that some IB officials have done something wrong along with the Gujarat Police. If CBI has the evidence, they should be given the opportunity to prove them," he said.
The Congress leader was responding to a question on CBI`s decision to summon the senior IB officer in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha has said the agency had enough evidence to back the summons issued to Kumar, a 1979-batch Manipur-Tripura cadre IPS officer, seeking to examine him again in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh