Digvijay takes on SC, CAT over remarks against CBI & IB
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday took on the Supreme Court for calling the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) a `caged parrot`. The veteran Congress leader also expressed his unhappiness over the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) terming the Intelligence Bureau as a ‘Chicken’
"Hon Supreme Court calls CBI a Parrot in a Cage; CAT calls Intelligence Bureau a Chicken. Are we not belittling our Institutions? (sic)", Digvijay wrote on Twitter.
The Supreme Court had termed as "sordid saga" the sharing and alterations in draft probe reports of the coal block allocation scam and said that the CBI has become a "caged parrot" which is speaking in the voice of its political masters.
On the other hand the CAT had drawn parallels between the Intelligence Bureau and a chicken. The Cat said the IB was like an Augean Stable that requires systematic clean-up. "It is like a chicken. A bird? — Yes. Can it fly? — No", the Bangalore bench of CAT had said while passing orders on a woman IPS officer`s application against her repatriation to her cadre.
Digvijay`s tweet instantly drew flak from Opposition, with BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad being quoted by agencies as saying, "Nothing better can be expected from him."
"If the morale of CBI has been degraded then it is because the CBI was deliberately not allowed to function properly," Ravi Shankar Prasad added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!