Drunk men assault BJP leader Vani Tripathi in Delhi
New Delhi: BJP national general secretary Vani Tripathi had a horrific outing on Delhi’s roads when she was assaulted by a gang of drunk men over a minor road accident.
Tripathi was attacked by the men in GK-2, South Delhi at about 9.15 pm on Thursday evening.
“A vehicle hit my car from the back. They seemed drunk, they tried to pull out my driver and get into my car,” Tripathi said, adding, “No one helped, there were thousands of cars on this road in Delhi. I fear what would have happened if my driver was not present.”
Tripathi tweeted: “Ugly part is as I locked myself in my car these hounds just rallied around my car as if I`ve done something wrong I`m amazed at the audacity. Can you imagine this was almost one kilometer away from the very spot delhi brave heart lost her life! What are we talking about? safety???(sic)”
“Called 100 police did arrive but by the time they did if I had not locked myself in the car could`ve been dead, raped anything was possible!,” she added.
The hooligans escaped before the police arrived at the scene. Later, the case was registered and the police have begun investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16