Drunk men assault BJP leader Vani Tripathi in Delhi
New Delhi: BJP national general secretary Vani Tripathi had a horrific outing on Delhi’s roads when she was assaulted by a gang of drunk men over a minor road accident.
Tripathi was attacked by the men in GK-2, South Delhi at about 9.15 pm on Thursday evening.
“A vehicle hit my car from the back. They seemed drunk, they tried to pull out my driver and get into my car,” Tripathi said, adding, “No one helped, there were thousands of cars on this road in Delhi. I fear what would have happened if my driver was not present.”
Tripathi tweeted: “Ugly part is as I locked myself in my car these hounds just rallied around my car as if I`ve done something wrong I`m amazed at the audacity. Can you imagine this was almost one kilometer away from the very spot delhi brave heart lost her life! What are we talking about? safety???(sic)”
“Called 100 police did arrive but by the time they did if I had not locked myself in the car could`ve been dead, raped anything was possible!,” she added.
The hooligans escaped before the police arrived at the scene. Later, the case was registered and the police have begun investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr