Dump your aides and join us: Swamy tells Anna
New Delhi: With Team Anna under attack for levelling allegations against the Prime Minister, Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy Wednesday asked Anna Hazare to leave the group which is in the grip of "Naxalite minded crazies" and join him and Ramdev in the fight against graft.
"Team Anna has always been in the grip of Naxalite minded crazies. It is time Anna Hazare dump most of Team Anna and join Action Committee Against Corruption in India (ACACI) and Ramdev for nationalist approach to fighting corruption," Swamy said.
He said Team Anna has accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of corruption and want him to be prosecuted but alleged that they have not specified under which section of Prevention of Corruption Act is he prima facie guilty.
He alleged the "glib accusations" appear to derail the legal steps to bring the corrupt to book which ACACI was undertaking.
Last Saturday, Team Anna had brought the Prime Minister under the line of fire levelling corruption allegations against him and seeking an independent probe by Special Investigation Team comprising three prominent retired judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III