Falak case: 1 held for pushing girl into sex trade
New Delhi: One more person has been arrested for allegedly forcing a teenaged girl, who got a battered two-year-old admitted in AIIMS, into prostitution, police said on Thursday.
With this, a total of four persons have been taken into custody in this case, which includes the teenager`s father Jitender Gupta on charges of abandoning her.
"We have arrested one more woman Arti in this case. She is also charged with forcing the girl into prostitution. She was an associate of Pooja who was arrested earlier along with her husband Sandeep Pandey," a senior police official said.
Pandey and his wife Pooja were arrested yesterday along with her father.
The 15-year-old girl was in news after she brought baby Falak, who was allegedly beaten up by her, to AIIMS for treatment claiming that she was her mother. Alleging that her father used to physically torture her, the girl had eloped
from home and later met Rajkumar, who entrusted the girl with Falak two months ago.
The official said the girl was sexually abused by several men. Pooja, he said, had taken her to Etah in Uttar Pradesh where she was allegedly forced to marry an old man. Arti was her alleged associate in Etah, he said.
When she refused to marry the old man, she was raped allegedly by Pandey, the official said, maintaining that after this, the girl was again brought to Delhi by the couple and was kept at her house in Tughlakabad, where she was again allegedly sexually exploited by Sandeep repeatedly.
The arrests came following instructions from Child Welfare Committee, which is looking into the case of the teenaged girl, that a case of cruelty and abuse be registered against her father and a separate case against four persons who allegedly sexually abused her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali