Fasih Mahmood sent to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: Fasih Mahmood, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist involved in blasts in Bangalore and Delhi in 2010, was remanded to 10 days police custody by a Delhi court, a lawyer said Tuesday.
Mahmood`s counsel Syed Irfan Alam told IANS that his custody was given to police to question him for 10 days by a duty magistrate Monday evening.
The 35-year-old engineer from Bihar, employed in Saudi Arabia, was arrested around 8 am Monday at Delhi airport when he arrived here after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
He was allegedly involved in the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and an explosion in Delhi. Both Delhi and Karnataka Police were hunting for him to stand trial.
The accused was picked up by Saudi authorities from Al Jubal May 13 and lodged in a Saudi jail June 26 for suspected terror links, police said.
Mahmood hails from Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, about 200 km from Patna. His father, Firoz Ahmad, is in-charge of the Benipatti primary health centre in Madhubani district. His mother is a school teacher in Darbhanga, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi