Fasih Mahmood sent to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: Fasih Mahmood, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist involved in blasts in Bangalore and Delhi in 2010, was remanded to 10 days police custody by a Delhi court, a lawyer said Tuesday.
Mahmood`s counsel Syed Irfan Alam told IANS that his custody was given to police to question him for 10 days by a duty magistrate Monday evening.
The 35-year-old engineer from Bihar, employed in Saudi Arabia, was arrested around 8 am Monday at Delhi airport when he arrived here after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
He was allegedly involved in the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and an explosion in Delhi. Both Delhi and Karnataka Police were hunting for him to stand trial.
The accused was picked up by Saudi authorities from Al Jubal May 13 and lodged in a Saudi jail June 26 for suspected terror links, police said.
Mahmood hails from Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, about 200 km from Patna. His father, Firoz Ahmad, is in-charge of the Benipatti primary health centre in Madhubani district. His mother is a school teacher in Darbhanga, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official