FDI source of black money: Ramdev
Bhubaneswar: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday claimed that Foreign Direct Investment was a source of black money and demanded that the Centre bring back illegal funds parked abroad.
"FDI is a source of black money. About 80 per cent of FDI is black money. Why should not the the real source of FDI be made public?" Ramdev asked at a press conference here.
He claimed that the UPA government would have to quit if it failed to bring back black money kept abroad.
"The political party which commits to retrieve black money and field good people in elections will henceforth rule the country," he said.
He claimed that the August 9 rally in Delhi would be `decisive and historic`.
Asked whether he would lead any political party, he replied "I am a sanyasi. I cannot decide who will rule the government. But Delhi rally will take a decision on this."
To a question on khap panchayats, the Yoga Guru said "Some of its recommendations concerning the Indian value system and culture should be respected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender