Fishermen killing: Italy, India hold talks
New Delhi: A team of Italian officials on Sunday held talks with their Indian counterparts here over the killing of two Indian fishermen by the Italian crew of a merchant vessel earlier this week.
Italian representatives from the foreign office, law, justice and defence ministries are here and met officials of the Indian ministry of external affairs and home affairs, sources in the government said here.
The two fishermen, one from Kerala and the other from Tamil Nadu, were allegedly shot dead Wednesday by the Italian crew who mistook them for pirates in an incident that took place in the Arabian Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah