Five style statements of Gujarat CM Narendra Modi!
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate is not only topping the popularity charts as far as opinion polls go, he has also become a brand to contend with. And one of the reasons for it is Narendra Modi`s style statement and the way he has deliberately gone for an image makeover.
It cannot be denied that there is a vast difference between the Modi who was once a RSS pracharak and the Modi who is now his party PM candidate for 2014 General Elections.
Here`s a look at five style statements of Narendra Modi –
Kurtas – It is difficult for someone who has been following the Gujarat CM, to miss his half-sleeve kurtas, which he wears with white churidars. It is said that Ahmedabad-based Chauhan brothers, Bipin and Jitendra, who have been his personal tailors for years, know Modi`s exact taste. They have been reportedly stitching his kurtas since 1989, according to a leading weekly.
Modi likes khadi, khadi silk and linen fabrics. Though he used to be mostly seen in saffron and white colours earlier, Modi has been experimenting with new shades in recent times. On the day Modi was anointed the BJP`s PM candidate for 2014, he wore a pistachio green coloured kurta.
Watches – As per his biography, Movado is Modi`s favourite watch brand. Movado is originally a Swiss luxury watch company. The company, Movado Group Inc, founded in 1983 distributes the following brands of watches - Movado, Ebel, Concord, ESQ by Movado, Coach, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Juicy Couture and Tommy Hilfiger.
Pens – And guess what is Gujarat CM`s choice as far as pens are concerned? It is Mont Blanc. Mont Blanc meaning `White Mountain` is the highest mountain in the Alps and the European Union.
Sunglasses – Modi`s favourite shade is said to be Bvlgari.
Wrist band – And, if one has been observing Modi closely, then the black thread band, which he wears on his right wrist cannot be missed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre