Force-feeding controversy: Activist files plea with Minority Commission
New Delhi: Lawyer and political activist Shehzad Poonawalla has moved a petition before the National Commission for Minorities and demanded action against Shiv Sena MPs, who forced a Muslim catering supervisor to break his Ramzan fast at the Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi.
`To force someone to break Roza is shocking. This is offending religious sentiments. I have request to take up the matter with concerned authorities. The way Shiv Sena has behaved is not shocking," said Poonawalla.
He also said that the Delhi police should register case against MP and investigate the matter.
Shiv Sena MPs had allegedly forced a Muslim catering supervisor to break his Ramzan fast at Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi last week.
The MPs were apparently angry over not being served good food.
The Maharashtra Sadan has apologised to the employee, even as the Shiv Sena has claimed that they were not aware of the employee`s religion.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday had maintained that his party holds all religions with high respect and that there was no intention to hurt anyone`s religious sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi