Former UPA minister D Purandeswari decides to join BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In what has come as a boost to BJP`s fortunes in Andhra Pradesh, former UPA minister Daggubati Purandeswari on Thursday decided to join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Purandeswari`s husband Daggubati Venkateswara Rao, MLA from Parchoor in Prakasam, too will join the BJP.
The Vishakhapatnam MP had resigned from the UPA governmnet as well as from the primary membership of the Congress after the Parliament cleared the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh to create Telangana.
“You have cut our throats and pushed us into bonfire” Purandeswari had said in a letter to Congress secretary in-charge of Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh.
Purandeswari is the daughter of Telegu Desam Party (TDP) founder late NT Rama Rao.
As per reports, the BJP leadership has offered them tickets from their respective constituencies.
More importantly, there are also indications that Purandeswari may be given the reigns of the party in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen