Former UPA minister D Purandeswari decides to join BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In what has come as a boost to BJP`s fortunes in Andhra Pradesh, former UPA minister Daggubati Purandeswari on Thursday decided to join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Purandeswari`s husband Daggubati Venkateswara Rao, MLA from Parchoor in Prakasam, too will join the BJP.
The Vishakhapatnam MP had resigned from the UPA governmnet as well as from the primary membership of the Congress after the Parliament cleared the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh to create Telangana.
“You have cut our throats and pushed us into bonfire” Purandeswari had said in a letter to Congress secretary in-charge of Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh.
Purandeswari is the daughter of Telegu Desam Party (TDP) founder late NT Rama Rao.
As per reports, the BJP leadership has offered them tickets from their respective constituencies.
More importantly, there are also indications that Purandeswari may be given the reigns of the party in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad