Four special squads formed to probe Bangalore blast
Bangalore: Four special squads have been formed to probe the terror attack apparently targeting the BJP office here that left 16 people injured, a top police official said.
A team from National Investigation Agency (NIA) and National Security Guards (NSG) bomb disposal squads are assisting the state police in the probe, Director General of Police Lalrokhuma Pachau told reporters.
The state police also announced Rs 5 lakh as reward to anyone who would provide "credible and reliable" information resulting in the arrest of the accused.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar held a review meeting with Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R Ashoka, the state DGP and Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar.
"It could be a terror attack. Hectic investigation is going on," Pachau said, adding that four special squads under the supervision of Joint Commissioner Crime Pranab Mohanty and Auradkar had been formed.
Preliminary investigation has found that yesterday`s blast was due to a bomb kept in a two wheeler.
An NIA team, NSG bomb disposal squads and officers from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory, besides the state FSL, are analysing materials found at the place of the blast, in which 11 policemen and five civilians were injured.
Government has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the seriously injured and Rs 5,000 each to those who sustained minor injuries, he said.
Security has been strengthened at all vital installations and important buildings including Raj Bhavan, High Court and the Legislative Assembly. It has also been tightened at public places like bus terminals, the international airport, railway stations, metro stations and political party offices, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly