France condemns Hyderabad attack, offers support
New Delhi: France has condemned "in the strongest terms" the twin bombing in Hyderabad and said India can count on Paris` "steadfast support and cooperation" in the fight against terrorism.
French President Francois Hollande, who had come to India last week, "most firmly condemns the attacks" that struck the people of Hyderabad, said a statement.
Conveying his heartfelt condolences to the victims` families on behalf of France, Hollande expressed "his complete solidarity with the Indian people and the government in the fight against terrorism, for which they can count on France`s steadfast support and cooperation", the statement said on Friday.
The twin blasts in Hyderabad left 16 people dead and over 100 injured.
In another statement, the official spokesperson of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Friday that their Consul General in Bangalore had gone immediately to the site of the explosions "to express our solidarity with India and ensure the safety of the French community".
It said that both countries had affirmed during last week`s visit to India by President Hollande that "no compromise is possible with terrorists".
"Our two countries are determined to fight this threat together. France is ready to offer all cooperation that India may require," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’