Gang-rape accused thrashed by Tihar inmates
New Delhi: Mukesh Singh, who is an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case that has outraged the nation, was assaulted by inmates at the Tihar Jail here, reports said.
Mukesh, 26, is in judicial custody after being arrested in connection with the gang-rape and torture of a woman on board the bus he was driving. He is the brother of prime accused Ram Singh.
While Tihar Jail officials have refuted reports that Mukesh was beaten up and forced to drink his own urine and eat excreta, sources said the incident did happen at the prison.
The male friend of the gang-rape victim, who was also badly beaten up by the accused during the incident on Sunday night, had yesterday identified Mukesh in an identification parade at the Tihar Jail.
According to police, Mukesh was driving the bus when the victim was raped inside the moving bus. She, along with her male friend, were later stripped completely and thrown off the bus.
Ram Singh was arrested on Monday, along with Vinay Sharma, a gym assistant at the Siri Fort sports complex, and Pawan Gupta, a fruit vendor. Mukesh was arrested later from Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed