Gang-rape accused thrashed by Tihar inmates
New Delhi: Mukesh Singh, who is an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case that has outraged the nation, was assaulted by inmates at the Tihar Jail here, reports said.
Mukesh, 26, is in judicial custody after being arrested in connection with the gang-rape and torture of a woman on board the bus he was driving. He is the brother of prime accused Ram Singh.
While Tihar Jail officials have refuted reports that Mukesh was beaten up and forced to drink his own urine and eat excreta, sources said the incident did happen at the prison.
The male friend of the gang-rape victim, who was also badly beaten up by the accused during the incident on Sunday night, had yesterday identified Mukesh in an identification parade at the Tihar Jail.
According to police, Mukesh was driving the bus when the victim was raped inside the moving bus. She, along with her male friend, were later stripped completely and thrown off the bus.
Ram Singh was arrested on Monday, along with Vinay Sharma, a gym assistant at the Siri Fort sports complex, and Pawan Gupta, a fruit vendor. Mukesh was arrested later from Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!