Geetika suicide case: Court points at "tainted, stinking" probe
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Friday got a flak from a court here for its "tainted and stinking" probe in the air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case in which the investigation into the aspect of sexual exploitation of the victim was not conducted to collect further evidence.
"It appears that taking a cue from the victim`s postmortem report dated August 6, 2012 the investigation progressed towards ascertaining sexual exploitation of the deceased. The disclosure statement of accused Aruna Chadha was recorded on August 10, 2012. The statement of the doctor (gyanecologist) was also recorded on August 12, 2012.
"Thereafter, it appears that for reasons best known to the investigating agency, further investigation in this direction has not been conducted to collect further evidence," District Judge SK Sarvaria said.
The court also noted that the victim`s mother also died allegedly by committing suicide.
"It would be desirable to note that the mother of the deceased victim, who is the complainant in this case, died an unnatural death in mysterious circumstances and the investigation of that case has not yet gathered pace," the court said.
The court directed the Commissioner of Delhi Police to take necessary action wih regard to bringing back accused Chanshivroop, an employee of accused Gopal Kanda, who fled to the US after securing bail on the ground of turning approver.
The court made the observations in its order on the charge against former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chadha.
Both the accused were charged with rape, unnatural offences, abetment to suicide, conspiracy and forgery under the Indian Penal Code and also for hacking computer records pertaining to the victim under the Information and Technology Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick