Government trying to bring all Indians back home safe: VK Singh
New Delhi: General Vijay Kumar Singh has stated that Sushma Swaraj and the government are doing all they can to bring back Indians stuck in Iraq.
"The government and our External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj are doing their work. Media was pointing out that the government is not working properly but it is not true," said Singh.
Indian nurses who were abducted have returned home today after being freed by ISIS militants in Iraq.
Congress leader, Rashid Alvi also told ANI, "I welcome all the Indians who have returned. The government should have understood the situation before it got worse. This questions their understanding. I am sure we can try hard and get the rest of them also back."
There were about 10,000 Indians in Iraq before the start of the strife between government troops and Sunni militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth