Government trying to bring all Indians back home safe: VK Singh
New Delhi: General Vijay Kumar Singh has stated that Sushma Swaraj and the government are doing all they can to bring back Indians stuck in Iraq.
"The government and our External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj are doing their work. Media was pointing out that the government is not working properly but it is not true," said Singh.
Indian nurses who were abducted have returned home today after being freed by ISIS militants in Iraq.
Congress leader, Rashid Alvi also told ANI, "I welcome all the Indians who have returned. The government should have understood the situation before it got worse. This questions their understanding. I am sure we can try hard and get the rest of them also back."
There were about 10,000 Indians in Iraq before the start of the strife between government troops and Sunni militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'