Govt asks Anna to wait for outcome of Parl debate
New Delhi: On the eve of Anna Hazare`s fast
against "weak" Lokpal Bill, Government on Monday asked him to wait
for the outcome of Parliament`s debate on the legislation
tomorrow before launching his agitation.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla
said everyone should leave it to Parliament to decide on the
Lokpal as it is in its domain now.
"The Government has already piloted the Bill in Lok
Sabha. It is a very strong and effective Bill. So, I think we
will go by the decision of Parliament. Everybody will be
deliberating upon that," he said here.
Shukla said Parliament will decide on the fate of the
"I would only request him (Hazare) to wait for the
outcome of Parliament," he said when asked whether he thought
Hazare should have more patience on the issue.
Hazare will launch a 3-day fast tomorrow in Mumbai in
protest against the "weak" Lokpal Bill introduced by
Government in Lok Sabha. The Lok Sabha is expected to debate
the crucial legislation tomorrow.
On Hazare suffering from viral infection, Shukla said: "I
will always wish him the best health. At the same time, I
think he should wait for the outcome of Parliament and then
only he should go ahead."
Meanwhile, Congress sought to know why BJP jumps to
Hazare`s defence whenever someone alleges that the
anti-corruption crusader has links with RSS.
"Whenever it is asked whether Anna Hazare shares same
views as BJP and RSS, instead of Team Anna replying to the
question we have the BJP and RSS clarifying that Hazare has no
link with them. I am surprised with such kind of equation
shared between them," Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof