Govt asks CBI to probe 24 NGOs receiving foreign funds
New Delhi: Government has asked the CBI to probe alleged illegal activities of 24 NGOs which received funds from abroad, Lok Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh said different state police forces were also asked to probe into the alleged irregularities of 10 other NGOs which received funds from abroad.
The Minister said altogether Rs 10,997.35 crore was received as foreign contribution by 23,172 NGOs across India in 2008-09, Rs 10,431.12 crore by 22,275 NGOs in 2009-10 and Rs 10,334.12 crore by 22,735 NGOs in 2010-11.
Singh said those NGOs whose cases were referred to CBI for investigation are Tamil Nadu Muslim Muneetra Kazagham, Coimbatore, Reach in Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, Abul Kalam Azad Islamic Awakening Centre, New Delhi, Khwaja Khushal Charitable Trust, Muzaffarnagar, UP, Shri Arvind Khanna, ex-MLA, Punjab, Anjumane Hussamia Educational Association, Hyderabad.
Other NGOs whose case have been referred are Vishwa Dharmayatan Trust, New Delhi, Shri Ratnesh Khandelwal and nine others, Mumbai, Shri Prakas C. Bhatt and four others, Mumbai, Heritage Foundation, UP, IGEP Foundation, New Delhi, Samast Muslim Khalifa Sunnatwal Jamat Navsari, Gujarat, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Madhya Pradesh, Tuticorin Diocese Association, Tuticorin.
The Minister said those NGOs whose cases were given to
state police are : Rajasthan Harvest Ministries, Jaipur, Matsyagandhi Mahila Welfare Association, Andhra Pradesh, Madrasa Jamiyad Ravatul-e-Hat, Gujarat, Mount View Academy, Madurai and Reach International Education and Social Welfare Trust, Tamil Nadu.
Bhartiya Cattle Resource Development, New Delhi, Good Vision, Kanyakumari, Trust for Rural Uplift and Education, Tirunelveli, AID India Chennai, Saccer, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu and Centre for Promotion of Social Concern, Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming