Govt initiates its own `Satyameva Jayate` programme
New Delhi: Even as a namesake TV series anchored by actor Aamir Khan makes news, the government has embarked on a mission to ensure that the phrase `Satyameva Jayate` is given its due respect in official communications and depictions across the country.
Concerned over the improper showcasing of the official seal of the Government of India across various government foras, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has recently issued a detailed advisory to all state and central government organisations to address the issue.
The MHA said that inspite of a number of advisories and advertisements issued by it for making the correct usage of the State Emblem, it has been brought to its notice "that various government agencies/authorities who are using the State Emblem of India on their stationery, publications, seals, vehicles, buildings, websites etc. Often omit the motto `Satyameva Jayate` and are only depicting the profile of the Lion Capital.
"It may be noted that the State Emblem of India is incomplete without the motto `Satyameva Jayate` inscribed in Devanagari script below the profile of the Lion Capital."
The usage of the State Emblem of India is regulated by the State Emblem of India (Prohibition of Improper Use) Act, 2005 and the State Emblem of India (Regulation of Use) Rules, 2007.
The MHA categorically has said that all departments and agencies authorised to use the State Emblem should "ensure that the motto `Satyameva Jayate` is not omitted from the State Emblem and strict action should be taken against the concerned officials for any violation in this regard."
"It is, therefore, again reiterated that government agencies who are authorised to use the State Emblem of India for various official purposes must depict the complete picture of the State Emblem together with the motto `Satyameva Jayate` in Devanagari script inscribed below the profile of Lion Capital..," the MHA said in its advisory.
The Indian State Emblem is an adaptation from the Sarnath Lion Capital of Asoka.
The Emblem consists of the profile of the Lion Capital showing three Lions mounted on the abacus, with a `Dharma Chakra` in the centre, a bull on the right, a galloping horse on the left and outlines of `Dharma Chakras` on the extreme right and left with the motto `Satyameva Jayate` written in Devanagari script below the profile of the Lion Capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Govinda took Dawood Ibrahim's help to defeat me in 2004 Lok Sabha polls: Ram Naik
- Majority in UN backs adding permanent members to Security Council: India
- 9 poachers arrested for killing rhino in Kaziranga National Park
- Water woes: MNS activists vandalise irrigation office in Pune
- Hafiz Saeed says JuD won't allow Hindu temples in Pakistan to be destroyed