Govt may not last beyond October: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) on Thursday said the government may not last beyond October and early elections seemed inevitable.
"I don`t think this government will survive beyond October... elections seem inevitable," SP leader Naresh Agarwal said in the Rajya Sabha, after the Finance Bill 2013 was introduced.
The SP, which extends outside support to the UPA government, and has bailed out the union government at crucial points, slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for staying quiet on China`s intrusion into Indian territory.
"Mr Prime Minister, say something at least. India is not weak, if we create this weak image in front of the world, it will be very bad for us," he said.
He, however, said his party would support the Finance Bill, and added that the central government should give some special grant to Uttar Pradesh.
"The chief minister of Uttar Pradesh (Akhilesh Yadav) has met you so many times... Uttar Pradesh must be given special grant," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists