Govt may not last beyond October: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) on Thursday said the government may not last beyond October and early elections seemed inevitable.
"I don`t think this government will survive beyond October... elections seem inevitable," SP leader Naresh Agarwal said in the Rajya Sabha, after the Finance Bill 2013 was introduced.
The SP, which extends outside support to the UPA government, and has bailed out the union government at crucial points, slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for staying quiet on China`s intrusion into Indian territory.
"Mr Prime Minister, say something at least. India is not weak, if we create this weak image in front of the world, it will be very bad for us," he said.
He, however, said his party would support the Finance Bill, and added that the central government should give some special grant to Uttar Pradesh.
"The chief minister of Uttar Pradesh (Akhilesh Yadav) has met you so many times... Uttar Pradesh must be given special grant," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof