Govt mulling insurance plan for central govt officials
New Delhi: Government on Friday said it was contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for central government employees and pensioners on a pan India
In reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said the scheme would be an alternative to the existing CGHS scheme.
"The proposal is to make this scheme voluntary and contributory for serving employees and pensioners. However, it is proposed to be made compulsory for new entrants in Government service," Azad said.
Replying to another question, he said the government was also considering a plan to construct a super speciality wing in the campus of Safdarjung Hospital.
"A detailed project report for the construction of a 360 bedded super speciality wing in the campus of the Safdarjung Hospital has been received," Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- CM Chouhan in US to woo investors, says MP 'ideal' for investment
- China's first driverless subway line to launch in 2017
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte
- SC asks banks to respond to Vijay Mallya's plea against contempt notice
- SOCIAL MEDIA STORM! 'Use better photo of mine' - 18-year-old 'looks-conscious' WANTED woman tells media