Govt mulling insurance plan for central govt officials
New Delhi: Government on Friday said it was contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for central government employees and pensioners on a pan India
In reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said the scheme would be an alternative to the existing CGHS scheme.
"The proposal is to make this scheme voluntary and contributory for serving employees and pensioners. However, it is proposed to be made compulsory for new entrants in Government service," Azad said.
Replying to another question, he said the government was also considering a plan to construct a super speciality wing in the campus of Safdarjung Hospital.
"A detailed project report for the construction of a 360 bedded super speciality wing in the campus of the Safdarjung Hospital has been received," Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi