Govt mulling insurance plan for central govt officials
New Delhi: Government on Friday said it was contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for central government employees and pensioners on a pan India
In reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said the scheme would be an alternative to the existing CGHS scheme.
"The proposal is to make this scheme voluntary and contributory for serving employees and pensioners. However, it is proposed to be made compulsory for new entrants in Government service," Azad said.
Replying to another question, he said the government was also considering a plan to construct a super speciality wing in the campus of Safdarjung Hospital.
"A detailed project report for the construction of a 360 bedded super speciality wing in the campus of the Safdarjung Hospital has been received," Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`