Govt signs ceasefire pact with NSCN (Khole-Kitovi)
New Delhi: The Centre Friday signed a ceasefire agreement with Khole-Kitovi faction of the NSCN for a year beginning tomorrow.
The pact was signed by the representatives of the Naga insurgent groups, the Nagaland government and the Union Home Ministry, official sources said.
Khole-Kitovi faction of the NSCN has a strength of around 500 cadres and is dominant in a few districts of Nagaland.
The government is already having a ceasefire agreement with NSCN-IM and negotiating with the group for reaching an acceptable and honourable solution to bring a lasting solution to the six-decades-old Naga insurgency problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers
- Are Saturn's rings bending? NASA releases strange image from Cassini (Pic inside)
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today