Govt to spend Rs 90 lakh on consumer interest
New Delhi: The government will spend Rs 90
lakh on a project, to be implemented through an NGO, to
promote and protect the interest of consumers against
unethical trade practices.
The Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) has signed a
memorandum of understanding (MoU) with non-profit organisation
CUTS International with an objective to create an enabling
environment for promotion and protection of consumer interest,
the Jaipur-based NGO said in a statement.
"Given the importance of the issues, the DoCA is pleased
to sanction Rs 90 lakh for the project, CUTS will also add 10
lakh in it," the CUTS International noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi