HAL to analyse black box of crashed ALH Dhruv
New Delhi: The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will analyse the black box of Air Force`s ALH Dhruv chopper that crashed on Friday, killing seven military personnel including two officers, to find out the exact reasons behind the mishap.
"The black box of the chopper would be analysed at an HAL facility in Bangalore to find out the exact reasons behind the crash," Defence sources said here.
The data of the black box would be crucial as the pilot had given an emergency call before crashing in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh while going to Allahabad from Bareilly, they said.
The HAL is the original equipment manufacturer of the ALH Dhruv helicopter.
The chopper had taken off from Bareilly at 1553 hours and crashed around 1657 hours after losing radio and radar contact with ground stations.
Meanwhile, IAF chief Arup Raha today visited Bareilly to pay homage to the personnel who lost their lives in the crash.
A Wing Commander, Squadron Leader, Junior Warrant Officer, Sergeant and an LAC along with two Corporals were killed in the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'