HAL will be `main partner` in Rafale aircraft deal: Dassault
Bangalore: Identifying HAL as its "main partner" in the multirole combat aircraft deal, France`s Dassault Aviation on Thursday said it will set up a joint venture company with Reliance Industries to work on the USD 10 billion Rafale project.
It said the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is the "main partner" of the French firm in the Indian contract, which is one of the biggest aircraft deals in the world. The French company`s Rafale fighter aircraft was shortlisted by India last year.
"We have a special partnership with Reliance company. It as a private company wants to be in defence sector and we are supporting this partnership...
"We will create JV company with Reliance in India," Dassault` Chief Executive Officer Eric Trappier told PTI here.
The French firm said the Joint Venture (JV) company would be set up after the deal is signed and expressed the hope that it would be signed within this year itself.
The company would be working with several private and public sector companies in India for completing the contract needs, Trappier said.
Asked about reports over Dassault seeking a bigger role for any Indian company in the production phase of the aircraft, he said there was "no confusion" on the issue and that his company was free to decide on its partners as stated by the IAF and the Defence Ministry.
The Dassault CEO said RIL would be its partner and would help it in managing a supply chain and project management of the programme and "they will help us to be in India".
Dassault Aviation`s Rafale aircraft was shortlisted by India early last year as it choice for procuring 126 Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft (M-MRCA).
The French fighter had edged out five other aircraft including American F-16 and F-18, Russian MiG 35 and European Eurofighter to bag the contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced