Hyderabad blasts: Delhi Police hunt for IM operative Raju Bhai
New Delhi: Delhi Police Sunday launched an intensive search for Raju Bhai, an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative linked to the Hyderabad blasts which killed 16 people and injured over 115.
"We have launched a search to trace Raju Bhai, who can provide vital leads in the Hyderabad blasts case," a senior official of Delhi Police`s Special Cell told IANS.
Raju Bhai, in his early 30s, has been on the radar of the special cell since his name figured in the August 2012 Pune serial blasts probe.
According to police sources, Raju is six feet tall and apparently has good command over Marathi language. He was allegedly asked by his handlers to arrange hideouts for the suspected terrorists arrested for 2012 Pune blast.
Police are also looking for five more IM operatives who may have a role in the Hyderabad and Pune blasts.
In Thursday`s Hyderabad twin blasts, security agencies suspect the involvement of the same Indian Mujhideen module involved in the Pune blasts and directed by Yasin Bhatkal, who is one of the co-founders of the IM.
The sketch of Raju Bhai was released by Delhi Police in October last year after interrogation of suspects Imran Khan and Asad who were arrested for planting bombs in Pune.
Police said they have intensified the searches for Raju Bhai in the capital and its neighboring parts.
Besides, the officers of Special Cell here questioned Pune blast accused Syed Maqbool lodged in Tihar Jail Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside