Hyderabad blasts: Delhi Police hunt for IM operative Raju Bhai
New Delhi: Delhi Police Sunday launched an intensive search for Raju Bhai, an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative linked to the Hyderabad blasts which killed 16 people and injured over 115.
"We have launched a search to trace Raju Bhai, who can provide vital leads in the Hyderabad blasts case," a senior official of Delhi Police`s Special Cell told IANS.
Raju Bhai, in his early 30s, has been on the radar of the special cell since his name figured in the August 2012 Pune serial blasts probe.
According to police sources, Raju is six feet tall and apparently has good command over Marathi language. He was allegedly asked by his handlers to arrange hideouts for the suspected terrorists arrested for 2012 Pune blast.
Police are also looking for five more IM operatives who may have a role in the Hyderabad and Pune blasts.
In Thursday`s Hyderabad twin blasts, security agencies suspect the involvement of the same Indian Mujhideen module involved in the Pune blasts and directed by Yasin Bhatkal, who is one of the co-founders of the IM.
The sketch of Raju Bhai was released by Delhi Police in October last year after interrogation of suspects Imran Khan and Asad who were arrested for planting bombs in Pune.
Police said they have intensified the searches for Raju Bhai in the capital and its neighboring parts.
Besides, the officers of Special Cell here questioned Pune blast accused Syed Maqbool lodged in Tihar Jail Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof