Hyderabad blasts: Delhi Police hunt for IM operative Raju Bhai
New Delhi: Delhi Police Sunday launched an intensive search for Raju Bhai, an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative linked to the Hyderabad blasts which killed 16 people and injured over 115.
"We have launched a search to trace Raju Bhai, who can provide vital leads in the Hyderabad blasts case," a senior official of Delhi Police`s Special Cell told IANS.
Raju Bhai, in his early 30s, has been on the radar of the special cell since his name figured in the August 2012 Pune serial blasts probe.
According to police sources, Raju is six feet tall and apparently has good command over Marathi language. He was allegedly asked by his handlers to arrange hideouts for the suspected terrorists arrested for 2012 Pune blast.
Police are also looking for five more IM operatives who may have a role in the Hyderabad and Pune blasts.
In Thursday`s Hyderabad twin blasts, security agencies suspect the involvement of the same Indian Mujhideen module involved in the Pune blasts and directed by Yasin Bhatkal, who is one of the co-founders of the IM.
The sketch of Raju Bhai was released by Delhi Police in October last year after interrogation of suspects Imran Khan and Asad who were arrested for planting bombs in Pune.
Police said they have intensified the searches for Raju Bhai in the capital and its neighboring parts.
Besides, the officers of Special Cell here questioned Pune blast accused Syed Maqbool lodged in Tihar Jail Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day