Hyderabad blasts: Indian Mujahideen terrorist Maqbool interrogated
New Delhi: The Delhi Police interrogated an alleged Indian Mujahideen terrorist, Sayed Maqbool, for five hours on Friday in connection with Hyderabad twin bomb blasts.
Maqbool was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from a place in Hyderabad last October.
Maqbool, who is currently in Tihar jail, had earlier said that the outfit was planning terror strikes in some places in Hyderabad for which recce had been carried out.
Sayed Maqbool alias Zuber, 35, who is now in custody, had trained his associates to manufacture improvised explosive devices (IED) to carry out the blasts.
Maqbool, a resident of Nanded in Maharashtra, was held by Delhi Police`s Special Cell from his hideout in Hyderabad on October 23, 2012.
Maqbool began his career in crime with Azam Gauri alias Aleem of Andhra Pradesh, who was killed in a gunbattle with police in 2000.
Maqbool also helped set up terror group Indian Muslim Mohammadin Mujahidin (IMMM) with Gauri and Roshan Baig in 1999 and they worked as social workers campaigning against dowry, corruption and pornographic films, he said.
Gauri mentored Maqbool and taught him how to prepare IEDs for bombing theatres that screened pornographic films.
Preliminary investigation into the twin blasts in Hyderabad has suggested that IED were used to carry out the explosions and the modus operandi was similar to blasts triggered by the banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
The twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday claimed 16 lives and left over 100 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends