Hyderabad blasts: Indian Mujahideen terrorist Maqbool interrogated
New Delhi: The Delhi Police interrogated an alleged Indian Mujahideen terrorist, Sayed Maqbool, for five hours on Friday in connection with Hyderabad twin bomb blasts.
Maqbool was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from a place in Hyderabad last October.
Maqbool, who is currently in Tihar jail, had earlier said that the outfit was planning terror strikes in some places in Hyderabad for which recce had been carried out.
Sayed Maqbool alias Zuber, 35, who is now in custody, had trained his associates to manufacture improvised explosive devices (IED) to carry out the blasts.
Maqbool, a resident of Nanded in Maharashtra, was held by Delhi Police`s Special Cell from his hideout in Hyderabad on October 23, 2012.
Maqbool began his career in crime with Azam Gauri alias Aleem of Andhra Pradesh, who was killed in a gunbattle with police in 2000.
Maqbool also helped set up terror group Indian Muslim Mohammadin Mujahidin (IMMM) with Gauri and Roshan Baig in 1999 and they worked as social workers campaigning against dowry, corruption and pornographic films, he said.
Gauri mentored Maqbool and taught him how to prepare IEDs for bombing theatres that screened pornographic films.
Preliminary investigation into the twin blasts in Hyderabad has suggested that IED were used to carry out the explosions and the modus operandi was similar to blasts triggered by the banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
The twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday claimed 16 lives and left over 100 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list