Hyderabad blasts: PM appeals for calm, announces Rs 2 lakh for dead
New Delhi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh has strongly condemned the bomb blasts that occurred in Hyderabad on Thursday evening.
The Prime Minister’s Office posted on Twitter, "This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished (sic)".
And added, "I appeal to the public to remain calm and maintain peace."
The Union Cabinet which was in a meeting when the blasts took place, was informed about the incident.
"The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace," an official statement said.
PM also announced Rs 2 lakh each to next of kin of those killed in Hyderabad blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured, agencies reported.
PM has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
Three bomb blasts rocked Dilsukh Nagar area of Hyderabad city near a bus stop. The blasts took place at three points - Anand Kishan Centre, Konark theater and Venkatadri movie theater. The blasts happened simultaneously at around 7pm.
The first blast occurred at 7:01 pm. The second blast happened at 7:06 pm.
The blasts have been said to have been caused by tiffin bombs. One bomb has been found to be un exploded near a foot bridge.
As per reports more than 50 people have have been injured in the blasts and have been rushed to the nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!