Hyderabad Mayor calls bomb blasts an ‘act of cowardice’
Hyderabad: Condemning the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here Thursday evening, Hyderabad Mayor Md Majid Hussain said it was an "act of cowardice".
"Whoever has done this...It is a cowardly act. I strongly condemn it," he told reporters after visiting the scene of the blasts in which 11 people were killed.
The mayor said it was time for everyone to stand united and fight such cowardly acts. "This is a moment of deep grief and I extend my sympathy to the bereaved families," he added.
Meanwhile, some locals who were present at the scene raised slogans against the Mayor and his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
BJP state president G Kishan Reddy, who reached the spot later, said communal harmony should prevail.
"Our immediate concern is to see that the injured persons get better treatment. We want communal harmony to prevail," Kishan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!