Hyderabad Mayor calls bomb blasts an ‘act of cowardice’
Hyderabad: Condemning the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here Thursday evening, Hyderabad Mayor Md Majid Hussain said it was an "act of cowardice".
"Whoever has done this...It is a cowardly act. I strongly condemn it," he told reporters after visiting the scene of the blasts in which 11 people were killed.
The mayor said it was time for everyone to stand united and fight such cowardly acts. "This is a moment of deep grief and I extend my sympathy to the bereaved families," he added.
Meanwhile, some locals who were present at the scene raised slogans against the Mayor and his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
BJP state president G Kishan Reddy, who reached the spot later, said communal harmony should prevail.
"Our immediate concern is to see that the injured persons get better treatment. We want communal harmony to prevail," Kishan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17