Hyderabad Mayor calls bomb blasts an ‘act of cowardice’
Hyderabad: Condemning the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here Thursday evening, Hyderabad Mayor Md Majid Hussain said it was an "act of cowardice".
"Whoever has done this...It is a cowardly act. I strongly condemn it," he told reporters after visiting the scene of the blasts in which 11 people were killed.
The mayor said it was time for everyone to stand united and fight such cowardly acts. "This is a moment of deep grief and I extend my sympathy to the bereaved families," he added.
Meanwhile, some locals who were present at the scene raised slogans against the Mayor and his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
BJP state president G Kishan Reddy, who reached the spot later, said communal harmony should prevail.
"Our immediate concern is to see that the injured persons get better treatment. We want communal harmony to prevail," Kishan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death