I am not ‘VBS’: Virbhadra Singh
New Delhi: Dismissing allegations that he had received money from a private steel company, former Union Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday threatened legal action against all the people behind the "motivated campaign".
He dubbed the graft allegations as a "cheap political stunt" and said he was ready to face "any inquiry" by "any agency" in this regard.
"This is totally false, malicious and motivated and I strongly deny this. Furthermore I am willing to face any inquiry in this regard by any agency," Singh said.
He claimed that the issue was being raked up in the media by his detractors to influence the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections.
"It is a cheap political stunt and nothing more," said Singh, a five-time chief minister of Himachal Pradesh.
Singh`s statement comes in the wake of reports in a section of the media claiming that he and several others received payoffs from ISPAT Industries.
"..I challenge anyone to prove that any undue favour was accorded to ISPAT Industries, this company was not favoured by the Steel Ministry in any way, during my tenure," said Singh, who was the Union Minister for Steel between May 2009 and January 2011.
Contesting media reports, which claimed that payments were made to one `VBS`, Singh said, "First and foremost I do not write my initials as VBS but as VS."
"Once the polls are over I will take legal action against all the people who are behind this false, motivated and negative campaign against me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune