Kolkata: Justice (retd) A K Ganguly on Friday preferred to remain "quiet" over his resignation as WBHRC chief after the Union cabinet approved a proposal for sending a presidential reference to the Supreme Court on the issue saying he hasn`t "decided anything".
A day after the Cabinet approved the proposal of the Home Ministry on sending the reference for a probe into allegation of sexual harassment against him, Justice Ganguly today attended his office at the West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC) as usual but for a brief period.
Asked on the presidential reference being allowed by the Union cabinet, Justice Ganguly said the development of events was not in his hand.
"I have read about it (cabinet`s approval) in newspapers. What can I say about it? The development of events is not in my hand. I haven`t decided anything and would prefer to stay quiet," Justice Ganguly told.
Demands for his resignation from the WBHRC have been expressed in several quarters after a three-judge Supreme Court panel indicted the judge over allegations of sexual harassment of a female law intern in December last year.