IAF Chief to visit Israel, upgradation of UAVs high on agenda
New Delhi: Upgrade of the country`s fleet of UAVs and the status of a joint venture air defence system are expected to be high on agenda of IAF Chief Air Chief marshal NAK Browne who is on a four-day visit to Israel to further strengthen defence ties between the two countries.
During the visit, he is scheduled to call on Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak and Lt Gen Benjamin Gantz, Chief of the General Staff of Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in Tel Aviv, to discuss a wide range of bilateral issues on the ongoing defence cooperation between India and Israel, the IAF said in a release.
At present, the two main projects between India and Israel are the upgrade of all its UAVs with the three Services and the Medium Range-Surface to Air Missile system being co-developed by the DRDO and Israeli firms, officials said.
The Air Chief would also visit the Israeli Air Force Flight School at Hatzerim air base and other operational bases. To oversee the progress of various projects being carried forward as joint ventures between the two countries, he would meet and interact with IAF officers and DRDO officials, the release said.
The Air Chief would visit `Yad Vashem`, Israel`s Memorial to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust established in 1953 and Memorial of Indian Soldiers in Jerusalem, Indian War Cemetery, in commemoration of sacrifice of Indian fallen soldiers who helped liberate Haifa in 1918, in World War-I.
The Indian Army commemorates September 23 as Haifa Day to pay its respects to the two brave Indian Cavalry Regiments that helped liberate the city in 1918 following a dashing cavalry action by the Imperial Service Cavalry Brigade.
The visit of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne to Israel, as the Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force, comes after 12 years of his posting as the Defence Attache at Tel Aviv for three years. He was responsible for establishing the Indian Defence Wing in Tel Aviv in April 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states