IAF to replace Avro aircraft soon
Nagpur: The Indian Air Force will soon be phasing out the old Avro aircraft and have sought a request for proposal, a senior IAF official said on Sunday.
The Avro aircraft will be replaced with modern ones.
A request for proposal (RFP) has been sought by the authorities, Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra, Air Officer in-Commanding in-Chief of IAF Maintenance Command here, told reporters on the sidelines of an air show at Sonegaon Airbase today.
Similarly, the Sukhoi-30 aircraft, which is overhauled by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) exclusively, will be joined by the IAF`s Base Repair Depot (BRD), Nashik in the work, the Air Marshal said.
Henceforth, the life extension overhaul will be carried out jointly the public sector company HAL and IAF`s own BRD, Nashik, he said.
Meanwhile, an air show was organised on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of IAF here.
The para-jumpers from Agra performed at the event while three Sukhoi-30 aircraft flew past while jumpers and air warriors drilling team displayed a combination of accuracy.
The para-dropping team was led by JWO A K Singh and S Sherawat led the drill team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj