IAF to replace Avro aircraft soon
Nagpur: The Indian Air Force will soon be phasing out the old Avro aircraft and have sought a request for proposal, a senior IAF official said on Sunday.
The Avro aircraft will be replaced with modern ones.
A request for proposal (RFP) has been sought by the authorities, Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra, Air Officer in-Commanding in-Chief of IAF Maintenance Command here, told reporters on the sidelines of an air show at Sonegaon Airbase today.
Similarly, the Sukhoi-30 aircraft, which is overhauled by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) exclusively, will be joined by the IAF`s Base Repair Depot (BRD), Nashik in the work, the Air Marshal said.
Henceforth, the life extension overhaul will be carried out jointly the public sector company HAL and IAF`s own BRD, Nashik, he said.
Meanwhile, an air show was organised on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of IAF here.
The para-jumpers from Agra performed at the event while three Sukhoi-30 aircraft flew past while jumpers and air warriors drilling team displayed a combination of accuracy.
The para-dropping team was led by JWO A K Singh and S Sherawat led the drill team.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?